Thursday, May 7, 2020

My Meadow meets Pressed Petals

Hi folks, hope you're having a great day, and welcome to my haven in a hectic world.

Happy Birthday Idwin!
After creating this card, I looked to see what type of stamps were used and was surprised to read that I should have loaded the ink then spritzed with water before stamping, I liked the finish I got but will try the spritzing next time and let you know if I like it better.

All measurements are in centimetres.

(cs) = card stock, (dsp) = designer series paper, (ss) = stamp set, layered dies start with (1) being the smallest.

Whisper White 21 x 14.8 scored at 10.5 (card base), 7.5 x 2.5 (sentiment), 11 x 8 (scene).
DSP 14.8 x 8.
Ink colours are balmy blue, early espresso, gray granite, mossy meadow, old olive, pool party, rococo rose, seaside spray, soft suede.

  • With the scene whisper white (cs) stamp the images from the my meadow (ss) using colours similar to above.
  • Die cut the scene using the (6) scalloped die from the stitched so sweetly dies.
  • With the sentiment whisper white (cs) stamp the sentiment using early espresso ink, then trim around the sentiment to make it a close fit.
  • Place the scene on the pressed petals (dsp) and mark where you want the linen thread to be wound round, Now remove the scene and wind the linen thread securing it at the back. I used sellotape for this, then tied a knot around the pieces at the front with a smaller piece of linen thread.
  • Emboss 2.5 cm of the bottom edge of the card base using the subtle (ef).
  • Adhere the pressed petals (dsp) to the top of the card base using liquid glue.
  • Add a strip of braided linen thread across the bottom edge of the pressed petals (dsp) I used narrow tear & tape for this.
  • Attach both the sentiment and the scene using dimensional pads.
Will be back again soon with more cards for you.
Thanks for stopping by
Annette X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the past Perennial Birthday

  Welcome to my blog and    t hank you for joining me today! Happy Birthday Stephen For this card I was inspired by one i'd seen on Pint...