Thursday, December 24, 2020

Winter Woods meets Nature's Beauty


Well hello, and welcome to my haven in a hectic world, thanks for stopping by.

Happy Christmas Dad

I'm trying to use DSP more but find it difficult sometimes. and I also want to make sure I use all my stamp sets (don't tell hubby but I do have one or two I've never used). But I'm now trying to. The nature's beauty was one of them.


I wasn't so sure I liked it when it was finished, but the more I look at it the more I like it.

All measurements are in centimetres.

Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler 3 x 14.5 (band), Whisper White 21 x 14.5 scored at 10.5 (card base), 6 x 3 (sentiment), 9.5 x 5.5 (white trees), 7 x 9.5 (green trees).
DSP: 11 x 8.

(cs) = card stock, (dsp) = designer series paper,  (ef) = embossing folder, (ss) = stamp set), when using layering dies (1) is the smallest.
  • Stamp the fox from the nature's beauty (ss) in the bottom right corner of the whisper white card base (cs) in smoky slate ink.
  • Emboss the front of the whisper white card base (cs) using the subtle (ef)
  • Adhere the cherry cobbler (cs) band, 2.5cm down from the top of the card front using liquid glue.
  • Die cut the feels like frost (dsp) using the (6) stitched rectangle from the stitched so sweetly dies. Once die cut move the (dsp) up one scallop and die cut again (rectangle's one scallop shorter).
  • Attach the dsp to the card using dimensional pads.
  • Stamp the tree from the winter woods (ss) in shaded spruce ink, onto the whisper white green tree (cs), now die cut using the co-ordinating die from the in the woods dies.
  • With the whisper white, white tree (cs) and the in the woods dies die cut the other tree.
  • Bend back the open parts of the white tree and slot the green tree in. Adhere both trees to the (dsp) using liquid glue.
  • Add some red basic rhinestones to the green tree.
  • Stamp the sentiment from the winter woods (ss) onto the whisper white sentiment (cs) in cherry cobbler ink, then emboss using the subtle (ef), attach to the card using dimensional pads.
  • With a fine tip glue pen add some streaks to both trees and cover in stampin' glitter.
Will be back agin soon with more cards, enjoy the rest of your day!
Annette x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Details meets Something Fancy

  Welcome to my blog and    t hank you for joining me today! Happy Birthday Idwin Intermediate level - colouring, die cutting, dry embossing...