Sunday, March 8, 2020

Woven Threads Suite meets Beautiful Bouquet!

Hello and welcome to my haven in a hectic world!

Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple
I'm trying to use more of my stash these days. I buy things put them in a drawer or on a shelf and forget they're there. So here's one of my first efforts to use as much of a suite as I can, and for this card I used everything. Plus a retired punch.

(cs) = card stock, (dsp) = designer series paper, (ef) = embossing folder, (r) = retired, (ss) = stamp set.
All measurements are in centimetres.

Woven Heirloom suite
Whisper White (cs) 3 pieces  21 14.8 scored at 10.5 (base card), 8.5 x 11 (frame), 6 x 2 (sentiment), Seaside Spray 8.5 x 11 (frame), 6 x 2 (sentiment backing), Terracotta Tile 2 pieces (cs) 10 x 14.3 (1st layer), 6 x 2 (sentiment backing).
Woven Threads (dsp) 9.5 x 13.8 (2nd layer).

  • Adhere layer one and two together and then adhere to the card base.
  • Die cut the 2 frames using the heirloom frames die.
  • Stamp the saying from the woven heirlooms (ss) on the whisper white inner frame in terracotta tile and the scroll in seaside spray.
  • Cut a piece of the woven threads trim (11 of the scallops should do it) sear the edges to stop fraying and cut off the narrow stitching at the bottom to leave the tassels.
  • Adhere this across the bottom of the seaside spray frame, using narrow tear and tape.
  • Adhere the seaside spray frame to the card base using liquid glue.
  • Attach the stamped inner frame using dimensional pads.
  • With the small piece of whisper white (cs) stamp the sentiment from the beautiful bouquet (ss) in terracotta tile and punch out using the (r) washi label punch or similar.
  • Punch 2 more washi labels  one in seaside spray and one in terracotta tile. Cut these in half to be able to graduate out on either side of the sentiment using liquid glue.
Once I'd photographed the card and imported it at the top of the blog, I realised I hadn't used the woven thread sequins, so I added 3 in a triangle arrangement on the saying and it looks rather nice.

Will be back again soon with more cards, thanks for popping by
Annette X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the past Perennial Birthday

  Welcome to my blog and    t hank you for joining me today! Happy Birthday Stephen For this card I was inspired by one i'd seen on Pint...