Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Beauty Abounds meets Butterfly Gala and more

Hello and welcome, hope you're having a good day!

Happy Birthday Karine

It's actually only August 17th while i'm writing this, and the sun is shining beautifully, I like to get my cards done early along with the blog post.  For 2 reason's, 1. when I've finished the card if I do the blog straight away I can remember the order in which it was all done and 2. once I get my goodies from the new Autumn Winter catalogue I have quite a few Christmas cards to make ready to be sent out at the beginning of December.

Today's card was made for my aunt.
I really loved the Beauty Abounds set when I first saw it in the catalogue, but I've only just started using it.

To create this card follow the guide below:
(cs) = Card Stock, ⓡ Retired, (ss) = Stamp Set,

All measurements are in centimetres.

Blends: Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green
Card Stock: Granny Apple Green 3.5 x 14.5 (scalloped edge)
Very Vanilla Thick 14.5 x 21 scored in half at 10.5 (card base)
Very Vanilla 2 pieces 14.5 x 7.3 (front panel), 2 x 29.7 (butterflies & sentiments)
Dies: Stitched be mine, Stitched Labels
Embossing Folders: Subtle
Ink: Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Memento Tuxedo Black
Punches: Butterfly Duet
Ribbon: Braided Linen Trim, ⓡ Organdy combo
Stamp Sets: Beauty Abounds, Butterfly Gala,  Varied Vases, Well Said
Accessories:  ⓡ Gingham Gala Sequins

Starting with the front panel, stamp two scrolls from the beauty abounds (ss) in opposite directions using Memento ink (I used my stamparatus for this).

Once stamped colour using the blends, add shading by using both light and dark blends, then emboss using the subtle folder and adhere to the card base on the righthand side using liquid glue.

With the strip of very vanilla (cs) stamp the 3 butterflies using the butterfly gala (ss), the happy from the well said (ss)  and the birthday wishes from the varied vases (ss).

Using the butterfly duet punch, punch out the 3 butterflies.

For the birthday wishes, I just cut down the (cs) to fit the sentiment.

Using the small tag from the stitched labels dies, die cut the happy and at the same time with the granny apple green (cs) die cut the scalloped edge using the stitched be mine dies.

It's now time to put it all together.

Add the ribbon down the middle of the scalloped edge piece and attach to the card base using dimensional pads. Use liquid glue to add the butterflies and dimensional pads to add the greetings. Lastly add the sequin using liquid glue next to the happy. You may want to use a glue dot to attach the butterfly on the ribbon instead of liquid glue.

Will be back again soon with more cards
Annette X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Balloons meets Best Family Ever

  Welcome to my blog and    t hank you for joining me today! Happy Birthday Freddie Fun card - die cutting, dry embossing, layering, stampin...